Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veteran's Day

Who was in charge of putting Veteran's Day in the middle of the week? I'd like to shake their hand.

Thanks to that anonymous genius, I've had time today for doctor's appointments, dinners that take hours to cook, and crappy home redecorating projects like the one pictured below. Feel free to borrow this idea for use in your own crappy home:


Here's how it's done:

1. Find cardboard boxes
2. Cut the flaps off
3. Stack them on your desk
4. Fill them with books

...et voila! Impressed? That's what I thought.

There are also a few websites floating around the Internet this afternoon that may be of interest to you:

Shark gives lady shark a C-section. With his teeth. (From)
Philadelphia now home to world's tallest LEED-certified building. (From)
Woman creates to-scale paper cutouts of city maps. Covetousness ensues. (From)
Scientists finally discover how donuts are made: donut seeds. (From)


Happy holidays!

1 comment:

Ashlee Blackwell said...

Loving the donut seeds. If I could get my hands on them, plant them, I'd never have sugar rage ever again.

I didn't realize the holiday was good for, you know treating it like a holiday until I was out staring blankly at the pile of articles I must read to write a paper.

You did good girl. The practical thing instead of the workaholic thing.

Speaking of practicality and DIY stuff, I should've took the time to make a scarf. I need one, it's cold.